How to record screen on android phone? Are you in search of a simple method that provides a solution for screen recording? If yes, then you have landed at the right place! In this post, you will get all of the details to get started!
In the earlier days, recording screens on any Android phone was quite a hassle, as users had to download and install third-party apps just to record the screen, this even applied to some smartphones now.
With the evolution of the Android ecosystem, Google has finally recognized that the screen recording feature is very useful asset for many users.
As a result, they introduced the screen recording feature to some phones with the Android 10 update OS and later. Despite the fact that many users initially reported problems with voiceover during screen recording.
With the Android 11 update, they have finally fixed these problems and made screen recording more stable. This makes it easier to record your voice with screen recording.
With this, you can record the screen of your Android phone without any problem. But even now, some people still struggle with screen recording on their phones.
But do not worry! We are here to help. In the following section, we have presented methods to easily record screens of your phones. So, let’s get started!
Note: We have also covered a post regarding how to take a screenshot on android mobile. You can check that post in the meanwhile.
How to record the screen of an Android phone?
Screen recording on any Android phone can cover necessary aspects for various tasks. For instance, you can take evidence of your social media activities, while it’s also a great tool to record gameplay.
In the following section, I have covered different approaches that permit recording screen on mobile phone. With that said, let’s begin!
Method 1: Using general settings
The android settings provide an option to record the screen. Follow the instructions to perform the recording task.
- Firstly, you have to access the general settings menu by swiping down on the screen.
- In the different commands menu, you will find the screen recording options.
- Click on it to start the screen recording on your mobile.
On the other hand, if you didn’t find the screen recording feature on the general settings menu. You have to add the record your phone screen option manually.
- Open the general settings menu, click on the Edit option(in some phones, it’s a three-dot button)
- Add the screen recording option by dragging and dropping to the general menu. Or you simply tap on that recording button.
- Once the recording option is added to the general settings, you start screen recording.
- Tap on the screen recording button and allow the permissions.
- After three seconds, the recording will start.
- To end the video recording, click on the stop icon.
Note: In some phones, you will get an option to silence the background voice during recording, while if you want to give voiceover, you can also do that.
Where to find the screen recording on the android mobile phone?
Once the recording ends, you can extract the video from the gallery app. To do so, follow the steps.
- Open the Google Photos app
- Go to the library options
- Select the Movie choice
- Inside this section, you will find the screen recording
Method 2: Using Google Play Games (For Games Only)
The Google Play games have hidden features that allow recording the gameplay. With this, you can easily capture game footage to upload it on YouTube or Twitch later.
- Download and install Google Play games on your android mobile.
- Open app and click on search bar to enter the game name you want to play.
- Next, you have to tap on the respective game title.
- Now, you have click on the See details section.
- Inside the new game screen, you have to press the video button.
- Choose video recording quality and press on launch to open the game.
- Confirm the access by pressing on Start Now.
- Finally, click on Red-dot to start recording.
The recording will appear on the screen in which it uses your front camera and microphone to access your audio and face. You can disable your microphone and front camera if you don’t want to reveal your face.
How to remove the recording bubble from the screen?
You have to drag the recording bubble to the center and drop it on the X symbol. It will cause a vibrant, and then the bubble will remove from your android phone screen.
Method 3: Via third-party app
In the general setting screen recording options, you can’t pause the video while filming, and you have to complete everything in one take. It’s not possible for everyone!
In that situation, you will need a third-party app to edit the screen recorded video. Here’s a list of the apps that you can try for screen record on your android phone.
For example, let’s try recording screen with Super Screen Recorder.
- Download and install the latest version of Super Screen Recorder over your phone.
- Open the application and get started with the necessary permission access.
- Once you have completely setup the app, you can move to next phase.
- Click on the Red-dot button and give access record audio.
- Tap on the Start Now button to confirm.
- A bubble shaped transparent widget will appear on the screen.
- With that, you can easily record screen of your android phone.
Here are some other third-party options that you can check out in the meantime.
- ADV Screen Recorder
- AZ Screen Recorder
- Mobizen Screen Recorder
These are the most famous and reliable screen recording options you will be offered from the Google Playstore. Apart from this, if you have some options in your mind, you are free to some of them as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How to record screen on Android phone?
Ans. You can record the screen with the android general settings.
1. Scroll down twice and click on the screen recording option
2. Tap on the Red-dot button to start
3. Once the screen recording ends, click on that button again to stop.
Q2. How do I record my phone screen with sound?
Ans. When you open the screen recording button, it will ask you whether you want to record the background sound or not. Select the choice that allows audio function.
Q3. Can I record game playing on my Android mobile phone?
Ans. Yes, you can record your gameplay on your phone. For that, you will need Google Play games.
Open the app and select the game.
1. Click on See details
2. Click on the video button
3. Tap on the Launch option
4. Finally, click on the Red-dot to start recording
Q4. Why can’t I screen record on my Android?
Ans. If you are using a smartphone below Android 10 OS, you won’t be able to record the screen. In that case, you can utilize third-party apps to solve the problem.
Q5. How do I enable screen recording on my Android mobile?
Ans. Follow the instruction to enable screen recording on the phone.
1. Scroll down double and tap the on-screen recording option
2. Allow all the required permission to continue
3. Start the screen recording by pressing the red button
4. End the recording with the same button.
Q6. How to record screen on android without an App?
Ans. Depending on your smartphone brand or the android version you on, the phone will provide a dedicated screen recording option in the setting menu. However, if you don’t find any options regarding screen recording, then the last option would be to go with a third-party application.
Q7. Does screen recording notify Snapchat on Android?
Ans. Snapchat is a privacy-centric application when it comes to screen recording or screenshots, the users will be notified as soon as anybody tries to record their posts or stories.
I hope you understand how to screen record on your smartphone and that you can do many exciting things with this feature. However, if you run into any issues, let us know in the section below.
Please forward this article to someone who really needs it. In the meantime, you can also check out our other informative posts to expand your tech knowledge.