How do you install WhatsApp on your Android phone? Is this question bothering you? Don’t worry, you’ll find complete instructions in this post, so let’s get started without further ado!
As we all know, WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps. WhatsApp is downloaded by a quarter of the world’s population and has more than 100 million monthly active users. Regardless, you’ll find that everyone around you, your family, and your friends use this app if they have an Android device
The simple layout and easy-to-understand chat feature make conversation a great experience. From time to time, WhatsApp Inc. updates the app and makes new features available
You can make simple audio and video calls, monitor your status, transfer money to your contacts, and more. It’s the complete package of fun. Learn how to download WhatsApp on your Android phone here.
How To download and install WhatsApp on your Android phone.
Downloading and installation process of WhatsApp on any android phone is pretty straightforward. But, there are a few things you have to consider before starting the process.
Before you start:
- Make sure your android device is running above the Android 4.0 version.
- The android phone needs to have sufficient internal storage.
- Stable internet connection to download the WhatsApp application.
The best way to download this most famous messaging app is Google Playstore. You can download several other things with the Play Store.
In the following section, I have covered a method to download WhatsApp on the phone without any trouble. With that said, let’s get started!
- First and foremost, you have to access the Google Playstore.
- Following this, you have to click on the search bar option.
- Now, enter WhatsApp Messenger in the search bar and click on Ok.
- Click on the Install button to start the installation process.
- Once the download process end, you can enter it into the app.
Now that you have grasped the situation and downloaded and installed the messaging app. So, let’s move toward
How to set up WhatsApp on your smartphone?
I hope you have completed the bare minimum requirement to storage to install on mobile phone. Now, let’s move to the setup guide section.
Step 1: Provide essential permission
- First of all, you have to open the WhatsApp application.
- You will see Agree and Continue options. Click on it.
- Next, the screen will show the Continue to access some permissions.
- Following this, the app will ask for a few permissions. Allow it.
- Tap on every pop-up to smoothly use WhatsApp Messenger.
Step 2: Verify your number
- Select the country code and enter your valid number.
- You have to click on the Next button to move to the next task.
- Now, the pop-up will ask you to Edit the number to fix the incorrect number.
- On the other hand, you can press the Ok choice if everything is correct.
- Enter the six-digit OTP code in the given space and click on Ok.
In the following step, you have two options – Restore and Skip.
If you have stored your chat on Google Drive, you can restore it, while on the other hand, if you want to continue without the previous conversation, you can click on Skip.
Step 3: Add details and start messaging.
- You have to pick up your profile pic and select username.
- Next, you have to select backup preference according to your need.
- Lastly, tap on start a chat to begin a conversation with your contacts.
That’s it! You have successfully installed and set up WhatsApp on your phone. Now, you can enjoy conversation with your family and friends without any trouble.
How to uninstall WhatsApp
You want to get rid of WhatsApp from your Android phone for some reason. This guide will help you get rid of this messaging app correctly.
Note: We highly recommend you to take complete chat backup to save your conversation and restore it anytime you want on another smartphone.
- First of all, you have to enter the Settings App
- Click on the Apps & Notifications
- Tap on the WhatsApp
- App Info → Uninstall
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Q1. Why can’t I download WhatsApp on my Android?
Ans. Your phone might have insufficient storage. So, you start with deleting non-usage apps. Besides this, you can also clear the Cache of Google Playstore. To do so, follow the instruction.
1. Head toward the Settings App and then Apps and notification
2. Select the Google Playstore app.
3. Next, click on App info → Clear Cache
4. Then, tap on Clear Data → Ok
5. Finally, reboot your phone
Q2. How do I reinstall WhatsApp without losing data?
Ans. You can take a chat backup if you want to switch accounts or reinstall the app. Here’s the complete process to reinstalling WhatsApp without losing data.
1. Open WhatsApp Messenger App
2. Click on the Three-dot menu
3. Go to the Chat options
4. Click on Chat Backup
5. Tap on Back Up Now.
Q3. How do I manually install WhatsApp?
Ans. Go to Google Playstore >> Search WhatsApp Messenger >> Hit the enter key >> Click on the Install button
Q4. Can I have WhatsApp on two devices?
Ans. No, you can’t use WhatsApp on two devices simultaneously because each smartphone device requires to verify by the numbers. In short, you can only WhatsApp on one phone.
Q5. Which Android version does not support WhatsApp?
Ans. The WhatsApp messenger app is available for all the recently launched Android versions. But if you are using a phone below Android 4.0, this app might not support it properly.
Q6. Is WhatsApp Safe?
Ans. The app uses end-to-end encryption messaging features so that you can effortlessly chat with your family and friends without any problem.
Q7. Do both parties need the WhatsApp app?
Ans. Yes, you and another party also need this application for a seamless smooth conversation. If your contact doesn’t have this app, you can invite them to install the latest version through regular SMS.
Q8. Do I need a Google account for WhatsApp?
Ans. Yes, you will need a Google account so that you can allocate the chat app on the Drive. Without Gmail, you won’t be able to create a backup folder.
That’s all you need to do to install WhatsApp on your Android phone. With this application, start communicating with your friends and family, and enjoy those cool and exciting messaging features. If you’ve had any problems downloading or installing the app, you can contact us. In the meantime, check out our other posts to expand your technical knowledge.