Want to remove your Google account from your Android phone? Yes, then you’re in the right place. Here you’ll get instructions on how to remove your account
It’s undeniable that we sign in with different Google accounts on our Android devices. But sometimes, the notification bar gets cluttered with unwanted email notifications. Apart from work emails, these promotional emails are quite annoying for you!
Also, because everything is synced in the background, these extra accounts use up your battery life. So, you need to make a final choice and get rid of the Google accounts that aren’t important. Removing the unwanted ends will surely give you relief
But the question is, how do I remove the Google account?
In this case, the following guide will provide the solution, and you’ll learn how to delete your Gmail account. So, let’s go through the step-by-step guide.
How to delete the Google account
Follow the steps below if you want to stop getting spam emails again and again or if you want to sell your cell phone.
Note: Once you have deleted the Google account from your android phone, every detail with the account. Such as contact details, calendar events, youtube music playlist, and many more things.
With that said, let’s move toward the step-by-step process of deleting the google account.
- First and foremost, you have to head toward the Settings App.
- Following this, scroll down and click on the Account choice.
- Select the Google Account you want to remove completely.
- Next, you have to click on Remove account.
- Enter the PIN, passcode, and fingerprint to confirm the process.
That’s it! You have successfully removed your Google Account on your Android phone.
How to Reactivate Google account on your mobile phone?
In the same way, you can add a new account or reactivate the Google account on your Android phone. Follow the steps to reopen your account!
- Firstly, you have to open the Settings App.
- You have to scroll down and tap on the Account.
- Next, click on the Add Account option.
- Add your Gmail account details.
- Enter the password.
On the other hand, you don’t want to remove your Google account. You can simply turn off Gmail notifications on the phone.
How to Turn off Gmail Notifications on your mobile?
The worst part about using Gmail is being bombarded with random advertisements in your inbox. However, you can modify the notification settings to better suit your needs. Follow the steps to adjust the notification features.
- First of all, you have to open the Gmail app.
- On the right corner, you have a three-strip button. Click on it.
- Now, select any account you want to access.
- Next, you have to click on the Settings options.
- Tap on the Notification options and select from None, High priority only, to all.
- If you want to shut down the notification, pick the None choice.
It’s pretty effective since you will get a piece of a calm mind, and you won’t get many notifications. You can also edit every app setting to avoid notification alerts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How do I delete a Google Account from my android phone?
Ans. You can delete your Google Account from your phone without much hassle. Follow the instruction to remove the account.
1. Go to the Settings App
2. Enter into Account or Account & Backup
3. Click on the Account option
4. Pick the Gmail account
5. Click on the Remove button
6. That’s it!
Q2. How to remove an extra google account from android?
Ans. You can permanently delete your Gmail account from your phone. To do so, you have to first head toward the settings application.
1. Then go to the Account section.
2. Pick the Gmail account that you want to delete.
3. Next, you have to click on the three-dot menu and tap on remove account.
Q3. Does factory reset remove your Google account?
Ans. Generally, factory reset erases everything from the system to users’ data. Everything is set to default settings. But if you have login with your Google account, the device will get into FRP lock. If you know the Gmail account password, you can access the phone.
Q4. What Will Happen When You Remove Gmail Account from Android Mobile Phone?
Ans. When you remove your Gmail account from any android phone, everything that has been configured via the google account will return to the default setting.
So whether you have added a new contact to something you wrote on the Calendar will be removed entirely. Therefore, you need to take a backup of essential details to avoid any trouble in the future.
Q5. Can I delete previously synced Google account after reset android?
Ans. Select Accounts from the Settings menu. All the accounts that are synced to your phone will be shown there. Choose the Google account you want to deactivate if you have more than one. Finally, take action by pressing the Remove account button.
I hope you now understand how to remove your Google account and how to reactivate it, in case you want to recover some of your data. Also, this guide is the perfect solution for those who want to escape annoying email notifications. You can also easily turn off email notifications with this guide.
You can share your experience in the comments below, and for more informative content, you can visit our other posts.